LUPEC Seattle Dismantling the Patriarchy…one drink at a time!

Ladies for the Preservation of Endangered Cocktails, Seattle Edition!
We try to meet up once a month in the area's best cocktail bars to try tasty libations made of gin, rum, tequila, whiskey, etc.
Occasionally we throw a party and use our power to raise money for local charities.

Follow the fun!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10 Q's for a LUPEC Lady- Cameo McRoberts

I know we haven't had a "10 Q's" lately & I apologize- the summer totally got away from me!

1) What is your LUPEC cocktail name & why did you pick that?

My cocktail name- I waffled back and forth between apple pucker shot and this one, finally I decided to go with Alaska Cocktail.  Giving props to my heritage.

2 dashes orange bitters
1 1/2 oz gin
3/4 oz Yellow Chartreuse®
1 twist lemon peel
ice

2) what is your profession?
chef, and other stuff

3) What was your favorite cocktail before you new any better?
whiskey and ginger 'whiskey press'

4) What's the worst cocktail you ever had and where did you drink it? 
I had a Death in the Afternoon made with 'home made' absinthe.. it was awful, but what made it the worst was I was then chastised for not appreciating absinthe! I won't say where because I am not a spitful person. 

5) If you could ban 1 drink what would it be?
red bull and anything!!!!

6) If you could have a drink with anyone, living/dead, who would it be and why?
Going the I miss them and would just love to see them route: My Grandpa and Grandma collectively
and the famous route : Lucille Ball, Gilda Radner, Janis Joplin, Neil Young, the cast of 'how I met your mother'... Tina Fey.... Tim Robbins (though I hear he's a jerk) Anthony Bourdain

7) What are your favorite non cocktail activities/hobbies/interests?
I sing and play guitar. I also am big on crafty stuff... you know I like to glue stuff to other stuff

8) How did you first hear about LUPEC?
Erin Williams from Cointreau told me about it at Tales, and I vaguely recall being there when the first meeting was being planned but I couldn't make it. I love that it has caught on and continues to provide a night out a month to put on something a little fancy, hang out with such a diverse set of killer ladies and support the ever amazing talent in this town.  and the rest is HERstory...

9) What is your go to drink or spirit?
Depending on mood and climate it was bourbon but I am becoming more of a Rye girl and I love me a Negroni almost all the time.

10) What is your favorite cocktail bar and/or bartender right now?
I love Sambar cause it is in walking distance from my house and I think Eric at Moshi Moshi is a rock-star, but I am just constantly in awe of the whole community and am grateful that the list of great bars is so long and so diverse and that often I am not only getting a great cocktail but it's being made by a friend. Bonus

Thank you Cameo, great answers you crafty drinker! If you haven't had a chance to meet Cameo be sure to introduce yourself to her at the next LUPEC meeting.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Wendy. You Rock as well.
    And for the record, I think Tim Robbins is probably pretty cool. It's Tom Robbins who is a jerk. - I am not the greatest typist.

    ReplyDelete